One of E-zec’s core values is Committed to Care, which extends beyond looking after our patients to encompass our colleagues, our communities and our planet. Therefore, we are delighted to be able to formally announce the next phase of our Sustainable Development Management Plan that commenced in 2015.
Our strategy actively supports NHS plans to reach net zero by 2040, seeks to eliminate activities that cause environment damage and to actively encourage measures to improve the environment we live in. The focus of our strategy for the next 12 months will be on five key areas:
- Transition to a paperless working environment through the use of technology
- Eliminate all water pollutants as a bi-product of ambulance cleaning through the introduction of non-toxic biocides
- Reduce energy consumption across all of our offices and operational hubs and transition to green energy sources
- Actively start to eliminate harmful emissions from our fleet of ambulances and wider business travel
- Support and incentivise our supply chain to encourage and support a similar focus on environmental sustainability
As a business E-zec drives over 12 million miles a year and as a result our strategy has a particular focus on reducing emissions from our fleet. To support our aims, we are delighted to confirm that we will be working in partnership with Trust Ford and the Venari Group to support our fleet replacement strategy. This will see the introduction of EV and Hybrid ambulances this year and will see our entire fleet replaced by 2029.
Recognising that our replacement programme will take time we are also committing to offset all carbon emissions generated from our fleet from August 2022 and are actively looking to harness the latest technology to reduce emission through improved driving standards.
E-zec’s CEO Craig Smith had this to say about its environmental strategy: “I am delighted to be able to announce these updates to our environmental strategy. Being Committed to Care is a core value for our business and this strategy outlines our commitment to the planet. We have a lot of work to do but we now have a clear plan and I am delighted to be able to work with Ford and Venari to start the journey of our fleet replacement strategy.”